Saturday 25 May 2013

SEVENTEEN On the spot foundation Review

Hi Beauts.

Today's post is, unfortunately, a bit of a negative one I'm afraid. Sorry SEVENTEEN.

I'd read numerous reviews saying that SEVENTEEN on the spot foundation was great, it had amazing coverage, the colour was a perfect match and it did great things for the skin. I completely disagree, sorry.


First let's talk about application. After applying my primer, as always, I applied 3 pumps of this foundation all over my face using my fingers, and blended in. The application was unbelievably sheer, not full coverage like it claims. As I worked it into my skin, it began to roll up and remove my primer so I was left with what looked like dead dry skin all over my face. I thought it was my primer being a pain so I washed my face and started again with no primer or moisturiser. It seemed to apply smoother and blend a little better but again the coverage was sheer.
I left it to settle into my skin whilst I applied my concealer and filled in my brows, when I looked into the mirror to check the foundation is had for some reason turned an orange shade.


I bought Soft Ivory which is the lightest shade and the colour match seemed great when I first applied it, but once blended and settled into my skin turned orange. I have no idea why it changed colour so quickly! I have known some foundations to oxidise throughout the day as I have oily skin, but never that fast.

I've tried this a few times now and I've had the same problem each and every time - Sheer coverage, patchy and turns a shade of orange. I think I'm more disappointed because after reading great reviews I had such high hopes.
I don't want this to sound like I'm bashing the company because on a whole I think SEVENTEEN are great. Their mirror shine lipstick in Beehive is one of my favourite lipsticks, and their miracle matte pressed powder is my holy grail powder. I just didn't get along with this foundation at all.

I do love the packaging though!


Have you tried this and had the same experience? Or did it work for you?Let me know in the comments

Stacey x

4 comments:

  1. I was looking at this the other day so glad I didn't buy it!

    Katie xxx

    http://beautyandthebakerblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure whether to post this review with it being negative but I guess both sides of the coin is sometimes best. It might work out for you, I've read nothing but good reviews about it. But for some reason it was terrible on my skin :(

      Stacey x

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting to buy this for a few weeks, I prob will still give it a try :)

    Hayley @ Teapartybeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know how you get on with it :) It seems to work great for everyone else, my skin is clearly having none of it lol

      Stacey x

      Delete