Sunday 5 May 2013

Review SmashBox photo finish foundation primer

Hi Beauts.


If you read my recent haul post, then you'll have spotted the Smashbox 'Try it kit' that I bought. The kit is a great way of trying out the brand and five of their products, it also makes a great present for someone too.

From the day I bought the kit I've been trying out each product, and today I thought I'd review the Photo finish foundation Primer



'Smooth the appearance of fine lines and pores while creating a flawless canvas for make up application'
Contains Vitamin A and E, grape seed extract and Green tea. Oil-free.

I have oily skin, mainly my T-zone, and I have a battle keeping my foundation in place, especially in the summer. For months I've used the No7 Beautifully matte primer but find it can be a pain some days and just won't blend in properly.
The SmashBox photo finish primer is what actually caught my eye in this box because it's a gel-like formula, one which has always interested me but I've never tried. So I grabbed the kit and sprinted (who am I kidding, I'm not Linford Christie!) to the tills.

The first day I tried this primer I knew I was onto a winner. The application was smooth, it soaked into my skin very quickly, the smallest amount (literally a pea size) covered my whole face and my foundation looked flawless. The biggest challenge was to test out the staying power....it lasted 9 and a half hours without me having to re-powder throughout the day! Usually with the No7 primer I get around 7 hours wear and I need to touch up, so the Photo finish completely surprised me.

I agree with the claims on this product, it does give a flawless finish and minimize pores and best of all it's great for those of us with oily skin.


The nitty gritty

* Cost £25.00 (30ml) or £12.50 (12ml)
* SPF20
* Gel primer
* Skin is left feeling smooth and silky
* Foundation stayed on for 9 and a half hours
* Oil free
* Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles

Have you tried any SmashBox primers?

Stacey x


4 comments:

  1. I've really wanted to try this! thanks so much for a great review! I nominated you fore the liebester award! you can see the rules and details here http://lollylou97.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/liebster-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it's a really good primer! It's great that they do the small er size too, so you can try it out first

    Ah thank you lovely!! :)

    Stacey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I started using smashbox cosmetics which I bought from qvc about four years ago it was not available elsewhere they had great kits at such great value prices shame they have stopped selling it there now
    I had this primer loved it but found it a bit oily then got the light one and is perfect. It is a great primer leaves skin flawless
    The brushes are good & makeup too
    You can now buy it in larger boots now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few primers that I want to try from them, I think they're great :) The little kits that they do are excellent value for money too

      I picked mine up from Boots, so glad that they stock Smashbox

      Stacey x

      Delete