Tuesday 18 June 2013

Revlon Lip butters

Hi Beauts.

A while back I got requested (by Confessions of a makeupaholic ) to do a little post on the new Revlon lip butter that I picked up in Red Velvet. So my lovelies here is said post :)
I have another lip butter in Berry Smoothie so I thought I'd chuck that into the mix too and do a little comparison, because I find both formulas to be slightly different



Berry Smoothie is the more glossy of the two and probably the more wearable if you're one for a nice wearable every day shade.
Red velvet, in my opinion, is more matte and more of a lipstick than a gloss/balm. This is SO pigmented and I find it a little more difficult to apply than Berry Smoothie as it's a little drier.



Because these are a glossy balm (more Berry Smoothie than Red Velvet) I assumed that they'd give a nice wash of colour and maybe last around an hour or so. Well I was wrong. They're pigmented, glossy and last almost all day! The glossiness does wear off but leaves behind a nice amount of even colour, and they aren't drying at all. I'm not sure about the lighter shades, many people say that they aren't very pigmented and can be patchy, but these two are great.
The Revlon Lip Butters are definitely on to have in your collection, I shall certainly be adding more shades!

The lowdown

Price: £7.99
Shades: 21
Available from: Boots, Superdrug and some Tesco stores
Pigmented
Very moisturising
Glossy finish (some more than others)
Long lasting

What are your favourite shades?

Stacey x





2 comments:

  1. My lip butter is my favourite lip product when my lips are dry I have sorbet and its quite a bright pink!
    These colours look lovely in you :)

    alittlebitsunshine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that colour, it's on my 'to buy' list :p

    Ah thank you lovely :)~

    Stacey x

    ReplyDelete