Wednesday 20 November 2013

Review - e.l.f matte color in Tea Rose

Hi Beauts.

A few months ago I placed an order with elf and only recently remembered that I bought one of their matte lip colors in 'Tea Rose' I honestly have the memory of a 90 year old!! (I put my glasses down and spend the next 20 minutes trying to remember where I put them.......woooo I have bad eye sight too, what a catch ;p)

Anyway, since 'finding' this product I've worn it ever since and have to say, I'm a loving it quite a lot.



The shade is right up my street, it's pretty much a muted rose mauve kinda colour which is what I seem to buy all of the time. 


I've mentioned before that I've always been a little wary of wearing matte lip products as some I've used in the past have been drying. However this one chose to prove me wrong.....again.

I found the application of this smooth and creamy and it didn't pull on my lips as I thought it would (Yey for no premature wrinkles) and it felt pretty moisturising too which surprised me because it's a matte product.


(Please excuse the paleness.....hello Dracula :p) 


I'd say I got a good 2 and a half hours great pigmentation out of this before it started to fade. However the faded colour just looked like a 'my lips but better' shade which I actually really liked just as much as  the mauve when I first applied. 

Again, as the hours ticked by it didn't dry out in the slightest bit and actually left my lips moisturised as when I first applied. I'm really impressed with this and definitely think I'll be buying more shades when I place another elf order.

Quick round up:

Super matte, moisturising and extremely pigmented. It does wear off slightly after around 2 to 2 and a half hours, but still leaves a decent amount of product behind. Not at all drying and a gorgeous neutral shade to suit all.

* Price - £3.75
* Product - 1.8g
* Shades - 6

Have you tried any of these yet? What's your favourite shade? 

Stacey x


2 comments:

  1. That's suuuuuch a pretty colour! I have the red one, I haven't used it yet... Really excited to try it though!

    Charlotte - blotandreapply.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pretty isn't it? It's such an easy shade to wear too :) I've been thinking of trying the red, you 'll have to let me know how it is lovely :)

      Stacey x

      Delete