Sunday 30 March 2014

Superdrug coconut oil

Hi Beauts.

I've always had really long hair, and although it is in good condition, I feel like it could do with a little pick me up every so often.

One product that is a huge hit with beauty bloggers, is coconut oil. I never knew where I could get my hands on this little wonder until I made an online order a few months back with Superdrug, and spotted it for only £2.29.



If you're unsure as to what coconut oil is, it is a solid chunk of coconut oil that melts when warmed and reruns to it's solid form when back to room temperature.
It has so many uses from a hair treatment, to body oil, to a shaving oil to a hand cream just to name a few. I only use mine as a hair treatment, but I am pretty intrigued about the other uses for it.

I've had this pot now for a good few months and I've been using it twice a week, and have to say I've noticed a huge difference in the condition of my hair. After each wash, I'm left with soft, smooth and more manageable hair, not to mention shiny and more healthy looking.

To use this in it's liquid form, all I do is fill up the bathroom sink with hot water, place the tub (with the lid still on) into said water and leave for around 3 to 5 minutes. Hey presto, you have a hair treatment.
Because I have long and quite thick hair I tend to use quite a lot, and only ever apply to the ends of my hair - they're what need the most love.
After applying, I plait my hair or tie it up in a bun out of the way and leave for 1 to 2 hours before rinsing it off and washing as usual.

I'd highly recommend giving this a shot to anyone who is looking to treat their hair. It's inexpensive, and works so amazing at keeping my locks luscious.

Have you tried coconut oil before? 

Stacey x

No comments:

Post a Comment