Wednesday 5 March 2014

Barry M flawless finish matte foundation

Hi Beauts.

The main thing I have trouble with because of my skin type, is finding a good high street foundation. And it's even harder now that I only buy cruelty free products. Way back last year Barry M released some new products, one being their flawless matte finish foundation. 




When it was first released I didn't really think of picking it up as I was enjoying using the foundation I already had, so pretty much overlooked it. 
However, Barry M is cruelty free and I was on the market for a new foundation so decided to pick it up and give it a go. The flawless matte finish foundation comes in 5 shades, ivory being the lightest and the one I went for. 








I will say that although this is light, if you're super pale then I don't think this will be one for you. I'm quite pale, however my chest is a little darker so I can get away with using this. 
However Barry M do a white foundation which is for mixing into darker foundation to get your shade, so maybe that would be worth looking into. 

I usually go for a full coverage, or a buildable medium at the very least, as I have a few scars on my chin and I have quite a few freckles which I'm not overly keen on. I'd say this is a light to medium coverage and can be built up to a higher medium and even not full, with no caking up.
I find this to apply and blend better when I use my fingers as opposed to using a brush or my beauty blender, and I get a better coverage doing it that way. I was expecting this to dry pretty much straight after applying (as it's a matte) but it's still pretty tacky. However it doesn't look dewy and once powder is applied it's matte. My face did stay shine free throughout the day with and without a primer, however I did lose a little product on my chin and nose which are my 'trouble' areas. All in all, I'd say this is a foundation that's definitely worth checking out if you have oily/combination skin. And for £5.99, I'd say it's a pretty great buy!

Have you tried this? What's your favourite cruelty free foundation for oily skin?

Stacey x


No comments:

Post a Comment