Friday 20 December 2013

Review - Milani eye primer

Hi Beauts.

I'm slowly but surely making my way through my goodies I bought whilst I was in NYC back in August/September. I have to say, I love US drugstore make up! 

Anywhoo, today I wanted to do a review on the Milani eye primer I bought. I know it's not available in the UK, but I figured it may be helpful for you Beauts over the pond and any UK chickys that are planning a holiday and want to check it out.


The first thing that makes me like this product is the packaging. Boring thing to like I know, but because it's in a squeezy tube this allows me to control how much product I use and once I'm all done, I can snip the end off and get every last drop out. It's also a lot more hygienic than those primers with a wand applicator, great for any Make Up Artists out there.


I'd compare the actual product to that of the Urban Decay primer potion in original. It has pretty much the same consistency and is the same colour - a neutral skintone shade. I do, however, find this Milani primer to have a little more coverage. This one allows me to hide any discolouration on my lids where as the Urban Decay doesn't in my opinion.


And finally, the big question: Does it stop eyeshadow from creasing? It does indeed. I always apply my make up (through the week) at 6:30 am and remove it around 6pm (depending if I have plans etc) and this hasn't once let me down. My eyeshadow is still in place without any creasing, and is just as vibrant as it was that morning. 

All in all, I'd say this is pretty great eye primer. And f you haven't tried the Urban Decay primer potion and are looking to, give this a whirl first. I'd definitely say they are a very similar product

I'm pretty sure the price of this differs depending on where you buy it. I think I got mine in Duane Reid for around the $8.00 mark, but that only works out at £4.00 - £5.00. Pretty good going of you ask me.

What's your favourite eye primer?

I left my heart in NYC

Stacey x



No comments:

Post a Comment