Friday 6 December 2013

Review - Benefit Boi-ing concealer in 01

Hi Beauts.

 I don't really suffer that much from acne/spots/pimples,  I only ever get the odd one every now and then.  I do, however, have scars left behind from said spots and because I have oily skin (my chin being the worst part) I'm yet to find a product that will cover the scars and one that stays put. I love collection lasting perfection concealer for under my eyes, and I admit it's a pretty high coverage so it does conceal the areas on my chin. But, and it's a big but, it wears off after an hour or so and it tends to look cakey and well, just not pretty at all. 

I've tried many concealers from the highstreet and none have worked for me, so I decided to splash out o a higher end concealer and see if it made any difference. I chose to try out Benefits Boi-ing in 01 after hearing so many great things about it.




 I will be honest, I was a little Gaaaaah that I'd spent so much on a concealer that I didn't know would work for me. And to be honest,  when I first applied it I wasn't all that impressed. Although the shade matched me perfectly, I didn't agree with the claims of it being industrial strength and high coverage. 




HOWEVER, I remembered a lovely girlie on twitter telling me to remember to warm it up before applying (The instructions also say this, but I've never been one for reading them) So I did and I was amazed at the results. The coverage was definitely full, the consistency not too thick and the best part? I applied it at 6:30 am and when I checked to see how it was holding up, it was still in place at 4 pm! Granted it had slid off my skin a little but I still had a little coverage and it wasn't shiny or cakey looking.
I've used this around my nose where I have a little redness and it lasted all day without wearing off or sliding down my face.

I haven't tried this as an under eye concealer yet as I love my collection lasting perfection for that job, I think I prefer the creamier more liquid texture for under my eyes. However, I'd bet (not that I'm a gambler) that this stuff would be amazing at concealing and lasting. All in all, this is my new Holy Grail concealer for spots, scars and redness. How did I last so long without it?!


Quick rundown:

This is a creamy, full coverage long lasting concealer that works amazingly well on oily skin. It covers everything from spots to scars and is the perfect colour match for us paler girls

What's your favourite concealer?

(This retails for £17.50 for 3.0g of product)

Stacey x


6 comments:

  1. I can't believe how long-wearing this was! Over nine hours wear - that's seriously impressive! xx
    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it really surprised me! Definitely my new holy grail

      Stacey x

      Delete
  2. Like you I don't get spots that much but I do get scars from them so I'm glad you enjoyed this concealer as there's a little pot of it in a Benefit gift box I'm having for Christmas.

    Rosie x | eatreadglam.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is as great as everyone said it is, I think this will be a concealer I'll be buying again and again. Hope you enjoy using it too lovely :)

      Stacey x

      Delete
  3. I love this concealer and although it's aimed for facial blemishes, I mainly use it for under-eye concealer and I love it!

    www.hannahsbeautysweet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how great the coverage is! I might ave to try it under my eyes too,so many people have said they love it for dark circles

      Stacey x

      Delete