Saturday 7 September 2013

First impressions: Rimmel stay matte foundation

Hi Beauts.

I'm sure we all know by now that I find it extremely hard finding a foundation that will last all day. Two great ones I do use and love are Revlon colorstay and the Garnier BB cream. 
However, being the make up addict I am, I still want to find another that works for me. That's just how I roll. I'd heard a little about the new Rimmel Stay matte foundation and was considering giving it a bash when I stumbled across a sample sachet in my Glamour magazine - perfect!

So instead of doing a full review (this post is so going to end up just that) I wanted to do a 'first impressions' instead. I enjoy watching these types of videos on youtube and thought it may be a good idea



 The thing that stuck out the most on the packet were the words 'liquid moose foundation' pretty strange right? Well it is just that.


Squirting the foundation onto the back of my hand the consistency was that of a moose like product, but whilst blending it into my skin it felt like a liquid. Pretty damn cool eh? I found this so easy to blend out, there was no streaking and no patchiness, and the best thing was the coverage it gave. This is definitely a full coverage foundation and I didn't need to reach for any concealer at all - that's never happened to me before.

Because it's full coverage I did think that it would feel a little heavy on my skin, but it didn't at all. It is absolutely, as it says, a lightweight product. Is it matte? I hear you say....Yup! It's not the kind of matte foundation where your skin is made to feel tight or dry, my skin felt as though I'd just applied a light moisturiser. 

Once I had applied the rest of my make up - eyes, blush etc I noticed that I didn't need to powder, yet another thing that's never happened to me before. I did powder though but I think I did it more out of habit than anything else.

I applied this at 12pm (hello flawless finish) and checked again at 4pm then 8pm, my make up hadn't budged at all!! My skin still looked flawless, matte and just well bloody amazing in my opinion! I don't think I've ever been so impressed with any make up product before.

The lowdown:

Price: £5.99
Product: 30ml
Shades: 6
Coverage: Full
Where to buy: Boots Superdrug 
Lightweight
Matte
Lasted 8+ hours
Doesn't cake up
No need to powder

So the big question is, will I be buying the full size? ABSOLUTELY! I am actually going out to buy it today, I can see this fast becoming my favourite foundation

Have you tried this yet? What did you think?

Stacey x


4 comments:

  1. Oh wow!
    I wonder is this would even hit the US counters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed :) It's a great foundation!

      Stacey x

      Delete
  2. Sounds really great! Definetly will have a look at this when I go boots :)

    thebeautybow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think it's my new fave! Amazing stuff :)

      Stacey x

      Delete