Tuesday 15 October 2013

EOS Vs Balmi

Hi Beauts.

Many months ago I bought myself a Balmi lip balm. I blame it greatly on the youtube hype surrounding the infamous US EOS lip balms. Balmi is pretty much the UK version of said product, and up until recently I'd never tried the EOS.



Obviously whilst in NYC I had to buy one to give it a whirl, and so today I thought I'd share my thoughts on both products, and decide which I prefer.

Let's battle it out:




* Price - £2.18
* Product - 7g
* Flavours - 7
* Vitamin E
* Shea butter
* Jojoba oil

The EOS is an oval shaped balm packaged in an oval shaped plastic, screw top case. When applying, I find the EOS to be quite hard so I have to run it over my lips a few times to get enough product, it also seemed to pull on my lips (no good if ya dont want wrinkles right?) The moisture doesn't seem to last all that long with this either, so I find myself having to reapply quite often. The scent is quite strong (and very nice) but it's a little more subtle than the Balmi.




* Price - £4.99
* Product - 10.5g
* Flavours - 4
* SPF 15 and UVA protection
* Vitamin E
* Shea butter
* Jojoba oil

Balmi are similar to EOS, however are more rounded and the packaging is made from rubber like material (similar to the feel of Nars packaging) It's also smaller in size but holds more product. Unlike the EOS, Balmi is very soft to apply and leaves my lips feeling extremely soft. I also notice that whenever I apply this before bed, my lips are still moisturised the next morning. This is VERY minty which I love

So, which is my winner?.........BALMI! I just find this one to be more moisturising, softer and easier to apply and I prefer the packaging ;P I actually think the packaging has changed from a ball to a square, may need another in my collection.

My full review on Balmi - here

Have you tried either of these? Which is your favourite?

Stacey x

4 comments:

  1. This is a great post. I have the raspberry balmi balm and I LOVE it.
    I've not tried the EOS balm but by the sounds of it I don't want to if it drags on your lips and doesn't moisture the lips too well. :S

    Juyey Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really disappointed when I first tried the EOS because there was so much hype around it. Love the Balmi though, think I may need them all ;P

      Stacey x

      Delete
  2. Liked reading this blog post. Here's the link to my EOS review: http://freshfacedandfearless.com/2013/05/12/evolution-of-smooth-smooth-sphere-lip-balm/ and my Balmi review: http://freshfacedandfearless.com/2013/07/28/balmi-lip-balm-cube/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Shall do, thanks for the link :)

      Stacey x

      Delete