Monday 27 January 2014

Wet and Wild H20 proof liquid liner

Hi Beauts.

I dug my hand into the goody bag of make up I bought whilst in NYC and picked out the wet and wild H20 liquid liner. 
Liquid liner is always a must for my everyday make up look and I'm always on the hunt for new ones to try, so chucked this in my basket as soon as I spied it. 




For around 9 months maybe even a year, I've been using eyeliner pens so I was pretty excited to crack this open and see how I'd get on with it. 
The first thing I checked before using it was the applicator, I can't use bendy brushes/applicators they need to be firm (that's what she said) And thankfully that is what this one is. There's a tiny amount of flexibility to it which allows an easier application, but for the most part it's pretty firm and sturdy which I feel creates a steady line. 
The applicator itself is made from a spongy felt tip type material which I prefer. The only downside to it, I feel, is that it's rather thick so I find it difficult to apply a really thin line. If you're not used to using liquid liner, I'm not sure how much you'd enjoy using this. 



Now onto actual product. I found this to be quite a thin liquid consistency, not too watery but it was thin enough that I found myself needing to reapply in certain areas so that there weren't any patches. The good thing is the staying power. As the label states it's H20 so you'd expect it to be budge and waterproof, and that it is. It stayed put all day and when it came to removing my eye make up, this was the last thing that would come off. 



So as you can see, this has good points and bad. The good being: Waterproof, long lasting and a firm applicator. The bad being: Quite watery, a thick applicator and a need to reapply to get an opaque colour. I will continue to use it, because I do like the applicator and the longevity of it. I just wish the applicator wasn't so chunky.

What's your favourite liquid liner?

Stacey x






2 comments:

  1. Love liquid liner over pencil for creating a cat flick, especially if it will stay all day!

    I found your blog via BlogLovin and would love if you could stop by & catch up on my latest GHD Party Hair Tutorial & Pink Jewel Styler post for some inspiration too :)

    www.lurchhoundloves.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4995777/LurchHoundLoves-Fashion-Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always find that pencil smudges on me :( Shall definitely check out your blog lovely

      Stacey x

      Delete