Friday 3 January 2014

The Balm: Mary-Lou Manizer

Hi Beauts.

I hadn't heard too much about The Balm until I started watching YouTube and reading blog posts about their products. I think the thing that caught my eye first was the packaging - It's 50's inspired and I love it. I think the make up industry needs something a little different.

My sister bought me the Mary-Lou Manizer for Christmas and I have to say, it's definitely made me want more of their products. I have a slight addiction to highlighters for some reason and knew that I had to try this little beauty out.

Packaging:



As I mentioned earlier, I love the 50's themed packaging. It's definitely an eye catcher. On the front of the box (and the front of the compact) we have a blonde lady who has been arrested for being 'too pretty and too popular' The picture is actually really cool, it looks like a police mugshot - again full points for different packaging The Balm! On the back of the box we have the pretty blondes rap sheet and finger prints.
The compact itself is made from a pretty sturdy silver plastic and has a decent sized mirror, which makes it great for travelling or popping in your handbag.

Product:





Now onto the product itself. It is a stunning, highly pigmented, shimmery, neutral toned champagne kind of shade. When blended onto the cheekbones it gives a gorgeous glow. This is also a multi purpose product as it can be used as a highlight, shimmer or an eyeshadow - it makes for a very pretty brow bone highlight too.
You get 8.5g (0.3oz) of product in this little beauty for £15.00 ($24.00) which I think is a pretty great bargain. And another great thing (in my opinion) The Balm don't test their products or ingredients on animals! 

Overall thoughts:

In a nutshell, if like me you love highlighters, this is a must for your collection. It will work great on all skin tones, it's super pigmented, it's a stunning shade and it has more than one use. Lets not forget the amazing packaging too!

Are you a fan of the balm? Which other products should I add to my 'must have' list?

Don't forget to check out my Tumblr too ;)

Stacey x


2 comments:

  1. I am so addicted to highlighters!! Love this one, I also have one of their eyeshadow compacts in Shady Lady and it's really good xx

    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! You can never have too many, right? :D This is definitely my fave t the minute, it's so pretty. Shall check out their eyeshadows too :)

      Stacey xx

      Delete