Friday 21 February 2014

Along came Betty lipstick duo - Double whammy

Hi Beauts.

One of my favourite make up items to buy is lipstick, a girl can never have too many right? When I picked up some products from the Along Came Betty range in Tesco (haul post here), I noticed this 'Double Whammy' which is a lipstick and lip gloss duo. 




There were three shades/combo's to choose from so I went for the shade Poochy, which was the more neutral/every day shade on the shelf. 
MUA released a similar product last year called Lip Booms which had a lipstick on one side and a lip gloss with chunky glitter particles on the other side. Unlike that gloss, this one is smooth, with small non chunky shimmer in it and isn't on the sticky side. It isn't overly pigmented but definitely gives a nice sheen to your lips. I'd say the shade is a wearable frosty baby pink, and when applied on top of the lipstick in the centre of the lips, gives a gorgeous shine and makes your lips a little more poutier. 


The lipstick, however, is really pigmented and is smooth to apply. The shade is a deep pink toned mauve and is so pretty, I've worn it so much. I'm even considering going back to pick up a back up!


 When I wear the lipstick alone, I'd say I get around 3 hours wear, which I think is great, and when I apply the lipstick and gloss I get about 2 hours which I'm pretty impressed with too. The lipstick isn't drying either when worn alone which I have found before with duo lip products. Although this is a little on the chunky side, it's still perfect for travelling with as it saves you chucking a lipstick and gloss in your bag.

Do you like these types of lip products too?

Stacey x


2 comments:

  1. It's very practical to have two products in one, and S&G have some excellent lip products :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fab idea isn't it? :) I haven't tried any of Soap and Glory's lip products, shall have to check them out!

    Stacey x

    ReplyDelete