Sunday 16 February 2014

Along came Betty concealer

Hi Beauts.

As far as concealers go, I had my Holy Grail product - The Collection lasting perfection. However, I'm still unsure whether or not they're cruelty free so I went in search of a new one when I finished up the last few drops. 
One (I've actually found two that I like now) that I picked up is the Along Came Betty All concealed in Light/Medium. 




This is a cream concealer which contains a light shade and a medium shade, along with a translucent setting powder screwed onto the bottom, pretty nifty right? This is pretty similar to the S&G kick ass concealer, that too comes with 2 shades and a setting powder although their powder is pressed not loose. And unfortunately, I think I'm the only person that didn't get along with that one. 



This one, however, I love. I use the light shade as my under eye concealer and I mix the light and medium and apply to any redness/scars/blemishes that I have, and find that the two mixed match me perfectly.
 I'd say it has a medium coverage, and doesn't cake up when I apply more on top if needed. I can't say I'm overly keen on the powder as it can make my under eyes a little ashy, but used to set the concealer anywhere else works fine. 

I usually find when using cream based concealers (especially the S&G) that they cake up and crease under my eyes, and oxidise when I've used them on my chin. However I didn't find this happened at all with this one which surprised me big time. I really like that you get 2 shades of concealer and a setting powder, it's so useful for travelling with and it allows you to mix and match the concealer to find your perfect shade.

Needless to say, I love this and think I've found a new favourite.

Have you tried anything from the Along Came Betty range yet?

Stacey x

No comments:

Post a Comment